Monday, November 30, 2009
My First Blogger Award !
Karen from the great blog Ancestor Soup has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! What an honor from Karen especially since I love to read her blogs too. All of us who blog do it for the love of it but it is wonderful when our peers recognize our efforts! I am a little slow with this response but I want to thank Karen again so much for the nomination.
As the winner I am to list seven things about myself and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers who I think deserve the award also.
1) My days are filled with as much genealogy reading and or research as I can possibly squeeze in. Wish the days were even longer!
2) My husband is a railroader so he is gone a lot but even when he is home I usually get in a few hours on the computer. He leaves me alone in my own little world most of the time, but he does think meals are still pretty important. He indulges my whims to the max as to tech equipment and travel with my sister-in-law to pursue my research or find the next cemetery.
3) For years while I was running our business, I didn't have the time to "play". Now I am trying to make up for lost time! My grandchildren are far away but it is for them that I blog and research so they will know their family history and have that precious treasure also.
4) Five years ago , I didn't even know how to turn on a computer. Wow, what an experience of learning. I have loved every minute of it and looking forward to many more years of learning.
5) I am also engrossed in digital scrapbooking and photo restoration so I work at fitting time in each day for some of that also. I am an avid collector of antiques and memorabilia, photographs and especially old family pictures so all this keeps me busy. My photo library has grown to almost 28,000 now with old family slides, cabinet cards and photos.
6) I love doing heritage crafts, studying history and reading, which also goes along great with my genealogy work. My Dad passed on his love of country and history to me, which I am so thankful for and thus I can't think of anything better than the prospect of always learning something new about family, country, or life!
7) I have two spoiled dogs that keep me company--and force me to take time off from the computer occasionally. They keep daily life interesting on the home front.
I try to read about 20 blogs every day and many more that I get caught up on about once a week. Many offer such good content and stories--and learning opportunities. Below are a select few of my favorites, the seven that I have chosen to pass the Kreativ Blogger Award to:
Roots and Leaves
West in New England
Grace and Glory
Nebraska Roots and Ramblings
What's Past is Prologue
Please check out these great blogs if you haven't already! If you are like me, you will always enjoy new reading.
Cheri Hopkins aka The You Go Genealogy Girl #2