Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

"Sharing Memories 2012 (Week 1): First Childhood Memory"

My first real memory that was really seared in my mind was this little yard pool and leopard suit! I think I was about two years old.  For many years that memory was with me although not quite so vividly as it was later. Mostly it was the leopard swim suit that I did remember...I wonder why that in particular? I was a great fan of the Tarzan movies that were so popular in the late 1950's and early 60's and never missed going to see a flick with my cousin at the Saturday matinee. Maybe I was destined to be "Jane" at an early age!

Blacky and Cheri, taken about 1954

"Jane"...quite the fashion statement!
It was not until about 5 years ago when I started going through the hundreds of 35 mm slides that my Dad had taken that I came across these two old slides and digitized them. It was just as I remembered and the added bonus of the photos was that my first dog, Blacky, was in one of the pics and it is the best photo that I have to remember him by.  I treasure the memory and feel so lucky to have the photos that my Daddy took and can enjoy them so many years later.

3 comments:

  1. You were a cute "Jane." Blacky was such a special dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate kind corrections but do not show any post comments by people who are afraid to leave their name! Don't bother to comment if you can do no better than to be "Anonymous"... get a life. I must assume you have never made a mistake.

      Delete